Update 12-21-16: Our Team Pilot Rotorious piloted his Speed Addict SuperLight to an incredible time of 9.47 on the MultiGP UTT4 track! See video below.
Documents and Downloads:
The Speed Addict SuperLight was forged out of beautiful carbon fiber and aluminum by the FPV gods and then transported to this planet for the soul purpose of beating the crap out of everyone else on the race track. On the day of it's arrival on earth all the Gram Chasers and Weight Nazi's gathered around to behold it's greatness. Today will forever go down in the FPV history books as the day Catalyst Machineworks entered the super light weight frame world. Do you find yourself wondering if clear shrink tubing is lighter than black shrink tubing? Do you put your quads on a diet of no ESC plugs, 1050mah lipos, and super short wiring runs all the while telling your friend his 400 gram AUW quad is a fat ass? Welp, this frame is for you!
The SuperLight is an XL frame. Meaning it is a stretched 'X' frame. The left / right side props have been pulled in towards craft centerline as close as possible, while the front / back props have been stretched away from each other. This is a wonderful geometric scenario for racing applications. The extended length allows for more stable and controllable pitch, which translates into more control of speed and altitude. The tightly packed frame width translates into lightning fast roll maneuvers. When you combine this positioning of the motors and the SUPER LOW frame mass its a recipe for world domination.
This machine is perfect for a professional FPV pilot looking to put down the fastest ever MultiGP UTT time or the new guy just getting into FPV racing who has no idea what in the world the previous two paragraphs mean. The SuperLight is easy to build and tough as nails!
- Super light frame
- Sub 250 gram AUW (no lipo) possible
- Tough as nails
- 200mm XL frame geometry
- Easy to build
- Easy to maintain
- Removable arm braces included in the kit
- 3mm and 4mm main frame plate options available
- Fits 'standard sized' electronics
- Knurled red anodized standoffs
- Multiple Vtx / FPV antenna mounting options
- Innovative Vtx / FPV antenna mount made of flexible TPU.
- Catalyst Machineworks unmatched quality materials
- Catalyst Machineworks unmatched quality fasteners
- Catalyst Machineworks unmatched performance
- Catalyst Machineworks unmatched customer support
- 61 grams (3mm option - no braces)
- 66 grams (3mm option - with braces)
- 75 grams (4mm option - no braces)
- 81 grams (4mm option - with braces)
- Run without Vtx or antenna mount and shave 3 more grams!
- Material: Twill Weave 3K Gloss CF
- Top plate: 1.5mm thick
- Frame Type: XL
- Frame Size: 200mm
- Max camera angle: 75 degrees
- Motors supported: 2204, 2205, 2206, 2207, 2208
- Lipos supported: 3s, 4s, 5s, 6s
- Lipo mounting position: Bottom (or top mount W/O HD camera)
- Fits 5" props
- Supported FPV Cameras: Runcam Swift or HS1177 (with included conversion plate)
- Please note: Red anodized screw color shade may vary.