On a micro addiction. Who knew a micro could fly like a 5in. Check out Catalyst Machineworks for the 3in SupetLight!! Thank you Catalyst Machineworks for your support. #Highkvhighvoltagebitch #catalystmachineworks #racekraft #tattu #flyordie #fpvfreestyle #art #drones #dronefly #drone #quad #quadcopter #stuntzmoves #fpvracing #miniquadclub #aerialphotography #mqc #miniquad #cinematography #fpv #dji #djiinspire1 #droneoftheday #dronestagram #dronesdaily #dronebois #dronelife #fpvfreestyle
The Speed Addict SuperLight was forged out of beautiful carbon fiber and aluminum by the FPV gods and then transported to this planet for the soul purpose of beating the crap out of everyone else on the race track. On the day of it's arrival on earth all the Gram Chasers and Weight Nazi's gathered around to behold it's greatness. Today will forever go down in the FPV history books as the day Catalyst Machineworks entered the super light weight frame world. Do you find yourself wondering if clear shrink tubing is lighter than black shrink tubing? Do you put your quads on a diet of no ESC plugs, 400mah lipos, and super short wiring runs all the while telling your friend his 200 gram AUW quad 3" is a fat ass? Welp, this frame is for you!
The SuperLight is an XL frame. Meaning it is a stretched 'X' frame. The left / right side props have been pulled in towards craft centerline as close as possible, while the front / back props have been stretched away from each other. This is a wonderful geometric scenario for racing applications. The extended length allows for more stable and controllable pitch, which translates into more control of speed and altitude. The tightly packed frame width translates into lightning fast roll maneuvers. When you combine this positioning of the motors and the SUPER LOW frame mass its a recipe for world domination.
This machine is perfect for a professional FPV pilot looking to put down the fastest ever MultiGP UTT time or the new guy just getting into FPV racing who has no idea what in the world the previous two paragraphs mean. The SuperLight is easy to build and tough as nails!
- Super light frame
- Sub 150 gram AUW (no lipo) possible
- Tough as nails
- 130mm XL frame geometry
- Easy to build
- Easy to maintain
- Fits 20mm x 20mm or standard 30.5mm x 30.5mm FC's
- Knurled silver anodized standoffs
- Multiple Vtx / FPV antenna mounting options
- Innovative Vtx / FPV antenna mount made of flexible TPU.
- Catalyst Machineworks unmatched quality materials
- Catalyst Machineworks unmatched quality fasteners
- Catalyst Machineworks unmatched performance
- Catalyst Machineworks unmatched customer support
- 29 grams (fully dressed with all hardware and 3D parts)
- 27 grams (no VTX mount or atenna mount)
- Material: Twill Weave 3K Gloss CF
- Bottom plate: 2.5mm thick
- Top plate: 1.5mm thick
- Frame Type: XL
- Frame Size: 130mm
- Motor pad mounting holes: M2 on 12mm bolt circle
- Motors supported: 1306 or 1407
- Lipos supported: 3s, 4s, 5s
- Lipo sizes supported: 400mah to 1000mah
- Lipo mounting position: Bottom
- Fits 3" props
- Included 3D plastic parts color: Black (other colors sold separately)
- Supported FPV Cameras: Mini Cam (1.8), Mini Cam (2.8), Runcam Owl (runcam mount sold separately)
- Included FPV camera mount fits: Mini Cam (1.8), Mini Cam (2.8)
- Ideal FC: 20mm x 20mm FC/PDB Combo
- "Standard sized" 30.5 x 30.5 FC: Must have a flat bottom. Please note that if you use a standard sized FC only this PDB will fit!
- Ideal FPV Video Transmitters: TBS Unify Pro HV or Hawkeye. Please note you must use this SMA converter to make the TBS Unify Pro HV fit!
- Ideal Lipo: 850mah 4s or 850mah 3s
- Ideal RC RX: FrSky XSR or similar sized RX
- Ideal Motor: 1407 for serious ass kicking powers
- Ideal ESC type: 20 AMP ESC for serious ass kicking powers. MAX ESC length is 24mm!
Combo Deals Explained:
These combos include the unbelievable power of Brother Hobby 1407 motors matched with DYS XS20A ESC's. Want a 3" craft capable of speeds typically only seen with much larger 5" machines? This is the setup for you. Make your friends do a double take and say "WHAT HOW IS IT SO FAST?!". When you purchase one of these combos we knock off 5% from your entire order.
Insane Power Combo:
The Full Monty Combo:
- Speed Addict 3" Frame
- Brother Hobby 1407-3600kv Motors X 4
- DYS XS20A ESC X 4
- Furious FPV BLX Micro FC/PDB
- TBS Unify Pro HV Race VTX
- U.fl to Right angle SMA Pigtail adapter
- Super mini 600 TVL FPV Camera
- FrSky XSR RC Receiver
Please be aware an FPV antenna is not included with the Full Monty. To add one click here.