The Speed Addict 210-R (V2) is the successor to our original design that we brought to the market back in 2015. The original 210-R quickly become one of the most popular racing and freestyle frames in the industry. We did not let the popularity of the V1 throttle our desire for perfection. The new 'V2' is the result of customer feedback, team pilot testing/input, and additional experience gained from development of other designs such as our SuperLight line of frames and The Stigg. The goal with this new design is the ultimate uber delicious freestyle machine. Much Uber. Much delicious. Many of the same design principles that contribute to great flight characteristics for a racing specific drone also translate over to freestyle. Catalyst Machineworks was the first in the industry to use centralized battery placement and a "low profile" top deck. Our new V2 continues with that same design philosophy:
- Place as much mass as possible close to the axes of roll and pitch rotation.
- Keep AUW "all up weight" low as possible while allowing for high power output. Dry frame weight is just over 100 grams.
- Place the center of gravity at the middle of the craft and sitting ON the same plane as the props.
Why are these three goals important and how do they work to improve the speed and agility of a freestyle/racing drone?
- More force is required to rotate an object if that object's mass concentration is located some distance from the axis of rotation. Conversely, less force is required to rotate said object the closer you bring the object's mass toward the axis of rotation. In other words, think of an ice skater spinning. As she brings her arms in tight towards her body she spins faster. As she moves her arms away from her body she spins slower. This technique of mass placement is used by engineers of full scale aerobatic craft looking to optimize maneuverability. This principle also applies to freestyle/racing drones. To accomplish this we locate the fuselage top deck as low as possible. This super low profile deck is one of the hallmarks of our design and keeps the largest contributor to overall craft weight (the lipo) as close as possible to the axis of roll and pitch rotation.
- With any aircraft speed and agility are directly linked to power/weight ratio. The lighter the craft is compared to it's overall power output the faster it will go. Additionally, it's ability to make directional changes improves (a.k.a. agility). To keep weight down we employ a unibody "X" design. Unibody keeps overall frame weight low because less fasteners and carbon fiber are needed to join the frame together. In addition our use of carbon fiber is very efficient throughout the frame. Carbon fiber is located where it needs to be, with any unnecessary material removed. However, durability is not compromised.
- A craft that is symmetric about it's center of gravity has better flight characteristics than a front heavy or tail heavy design. In addition, its imperative to line up the center of gravity as close to the propeller plane as possible. When the two exist on the same plane there is a smaller moment to overcome during maneuvers resulting in more rapid directional changes. We accomplished this by the use of 3D Computer Aided Design. We assembled everything together in the CAD model. The program is used to calculate where the true center of gravity exists in 3D space. This information allowed us to alter the frame design and location of all the electronics and gear to move the center of gravity to the optimum location. This was an iterative process and required extensive design work.
***Please note electronics are not included with this frame. Electronics are sold separately***
- Dry frame weight is 102 grams
- Ideal center of gravity location
- Highly centralized mass concentration
- Unibody "X" frame configuration
- Symmetric weight distribution front-rear and side-side
- Super low top fuselage deck
- Durable robust design that is highly resilient to crashes
- Highly functional freestyle frame
- 210mm frame size optimized for 22xx motors paired with 5" props
- High quality twill weave 3K matte carbon fiber construction
- High quality black anodized aluminum frame standoffs
- All aircraft grade 7075 black aluminum fasteners
- RX antenna mount included
- XT-60 passthrough grommet
- Ideal FPV antenna SMA mounting solution
- Extreme FPV camera angle possible from 25 to 70 degrees
- Almost any FPV camera will fit
- GoPro Session 4/5 Mount Option 1
- GoPro Session 4/5 Mount Option 2
- GoPro Session 4/5 Mount Option 3
- Full Sized GoPro 4 Mount Option
- Mobius/Runcam Mount Option
- Xiaomi Yi Mount Option
- 100g bare frame weight (fully dressed)
- Runcam Split fits the frame! See details here
- Frame size is 210mm - prop to prop diagonally
- Supported lipo sizes: 1000mah - 1800 mah
- Supported lipo voltage: 4s - 6s
- Max prop size: 5"
- Fastener Color: Black
- Standoff Color: Black
- Carbon Fiber Type: Twill weave 3K matte
- Main frame plate thickness: 4mm
- Top deck plate thickness: 1.5mm
- Camera cage top plate thickness: 2.5mm
- Supported motors: 22xx, 23xx, etc
- Motor pad mounting info: M3 screw with 16mm / 19mm circle
Downloads and Links:
Note: All shipping prices listed on our site are for shipping and handling costs associated with shipping your order.
Domestic Shipping within the USA
By default we ship via USPS (United States Postal Service) to anywhere in the United States. But, if you are interested in a faster option such as DHL email us at email@example.com and we can give you instructions on how to get expedited shipping. If you want expedited shipping be sure to email us prior to checking out with your order. We will arrange a shipping quote for you and then give you instructions on how to include this shipping option at checkout. Our USPS shipping option usually takes 2 to 4 days to reach anywhere in the USA. By default this shipping option will NOT require a signature. If you want us to specify signature required please let us know prior to placing your order.
USPS shipping includes $50 insurance by default. If you require more please let us know prior to placing your order. PLEASE NOTE: We will not be held liable in the event your package or package contents are lost, damaged, or stolen during shipping. When your package leaves our shop and is placed in the hands of the shipping service it is out of our hands. We have no control of what happens to your package after it leaves our doors. Shipping insurance it available to protect you in the event something happens to your package during delivery. We will not reimburse you for lost, damaged, or stolen items. That is what shipping insurance is for. If you would like to add shipping insurance to cover the value of your purchase email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
We can ship to almost anywhere in the world! Available international shipping options are using United States Postal Service (USPS) or DHL. USPS shipping will be per the flat rate option. This is $28 and can take 6-10 days to reach your country. From here your country postal service will deliver your package and can add additional delivery time. Usually USPS tracking ends once the package reaches your country. Our second shipping option is using DHL. This is considered a premium option and is very fast. Customer service with DHL is the best in the shipping business. Typically DHL only takes 2-3 days to delivery to most locations throughout the world. DHL international shipping always comes with tracking. While this is a more expensive option it is much better than USPS.
Shipment Handling Time
We require 1 full business day to ship. Additionally, some products come with a longer lead times to ship (see product descriptions). Orders received on Friday may be shipped out the following Monday morning.
You can return any item you buy from us for a refund. The item must be completely unopened, brand new, unused, and not damaged. We will wait to receive the product into our stock before issuing a refund. We will also make an assessment of the item, once received. If it is damaged in any way we will not issue a refund and send the item back to you. You have two weeks (from the date order placed) to return any item for a full refund. After the two week grace period we apply a 25% restocking fee.
If you believe an item you have purchased is defective our policy is a follows:
Email us first with your issue. We will instruct you as to whether the item needs to be returned to us. Our email is email@example.com. Assuming we instruct you to return the item to us please ship it to the address below.
Once we receive the item our team will access it.
If we determine the item is indeed defective we will give you a full refund for the price of the item, or replace it.
If we determine there is nothing wrong with the item we will ship it back to you at your cost (you pay for the return shipping).
We DO NOT replace broken frame parts, electronics, or accessories you have crashes into the ground, a tree, a fence, a human, or anything else for that matter.