Notice: This canopy is NOT compatible with the Raceflight Bolt V2 ESC
This canopy fits our entire Merica line of frames. This same canopy fits all sizes of the frame from 3 inch to 6 inch. The Merica does not come with a canopy by default so you need to order one along with your frame purchase.
The reason this canopy came into existence is some of our customers and team pilots like to have their FPV camera existing on the same plane as the props. This can be an advantage for a racing quad since the camera's pivot point on roll maneuvers will match that of the props. If the camera sits some distance from the prop line every time you corner the camera will follow an arc. This gives a perception in your FPV goggles similar to standing on a high mast in a boat as the boat is rocking with the waves. Some pilots don't like this view. Our team pilot Ryan Evens - aka "Rotorious" took the design project on and created this amazing looking canopy. Not only does this new slick eagle canopy get the camera down low but it also provides great protection for said camera and the other components housed within it. Did we mention it looks AMAZING?! Please keep in mind the electronics are mounted differently with this canopy compared to our standard Merica setup. Please take this into account! We include the necessary hardware to mount your FPV camera and FC/ESC using this canopy.
- Low camera position in line with prop plane
- Great camera crash protection
- Made of tough as nails "TPU" 3D printed material
- Flight controller mounts to the main frame plates, not the canopy
- Looks amazing
- Light weight
- Packed with freedom inspiring awesomeness
- Accepts only the Runcam Micro Swift or Foxeer Micro Arrow
- Weight: 15g
- Color Options: Black, Red, Blue, White, Green, Yellow, Clear, Pink, Purple, Orange
- Material: 3D printed TPU
- Camera min/max camera angle: 20 - 60 degree
Included in purchase:
- (Quantity 1) - Eagle TPU canopy
- (Quantity 2) - M2 - 6mm long socket head screw
- (Quantity 2) - M2 washer
- (Quantity 4) - M3 X 25mm long nylon phillips head screw (needed for mounting ESC/FC)
- (Quantity 4) - M3 nylon nut
- It’s a significantly easier build if you use a FC without many components on one side, because you will be mounting the VTx and Rx to the FC.
- Your props will cover most of the view, but it’s really not noticeable if you use dark colored props.
- In order to install the camera into this canopy without having to cut the support bar you must cut out the "beak" using either wire snips, a dremel, or a very sharp xacto knife. Removal of this material makes camera install possible. There is a parting line on the beak area you can use as a guide of where to cut.
- Protect wires running over carbon edges by putting a layer of electrical tape over the edge. Sanding the edges works too, but be careful. Carbon fiber dust is extremely bad to breathe.
- Use the included 25mm long screw that extend through both top and bottom plates. You will probably need to use a wire cutter or snips to cut off the ends of the nylon screws to size once everything is mounted to the frame.
- You may consider soft mounting the FC with raceflight style bushings. Most mount holes can be drilled out to accept them. This is not required but for some FC's helps with vibrations making their way to the gyro.
- Mount the VTx on the top or bottom of the FC with the connector pointing towards the back.
- If you use a SMA antenna, secure it along the under side of the canopy using zip ties.
- If you need more vertical space, you can put 1 or 2mm spacers under the canopy mount to elevate it, but any more than that and you will need to remove the connector from the camera and direct solder it.
- If you orient the ESC with wires pointing front to back, take care to route the wires so they don’t push on the camera connector.
- The antenna mount extending across the back portion of the pod is there to provide additional antenna mounting options. If you don’t need it, or it gets in the way, just clip it off with wire cutters.
- The opening for the camera is shaped in a way that makes it seem like way higher tilt than reality when you look at it on the bench. For reference, it is at 45deg when look straight at the lens and it appears to be centered in the oval shaped opening.
- If you need more camera tilt, use a dremel to remove material from the cross bar behind the camera. It won’t hurt anything to do so.
- This is a more challenging build than most. Feel free to post questions on the CM facebook group, and we will help.
Note: All shipping prices listed on our site are for shipping and handling costs associated with shipping your order.
Domestic Shipping within the USA
By default we ship via USPS (United States Postal Service) to anywhere in the United States. But, if you are interested in a faster option such as DHL email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can give you instructions on how to get expedited shipping. If you want expedited shipping be sure to email us prior to checking out with your order. We will arrange a shipping quote for you and then give you instructions on how to include this shipping option at checkout. Our USPS shipping option usually takes 2 to 4 days to reach anywhere in the USA. By default this shipping option will NOT require a signature. If you want us to specify signature required please let us know prior to placing your order.
USPS shipping includes $50 insurance by default. If you require more please let us know prior to placing your order. PLEASE NOTE: We will not be held liable in the event your package or package contents are lost, damaged, or stolen during shipping. When your package leaves our shop and is placed in the hands of the shipping service it is out of our hands. We have no control of what happens to your package after it leaves our doors. Shipping insurance it available to protect you in the event something happens to your package during delivery. We will not reimburse you for lost, damaged, or stolen items. That is what shipping insurance is for. If you would like to add shipping insurance to cover the value of your purchase email us at email@example.com for more info.
We can ship to almost anywhere in the world! Available international shipping options are using United States Postal Service (USPS) or DHL. USPS shipping will be per the flat rate option. This is $28 and can take 6-10 days to reach your country. From here your country postal service will deliver your package and can add additional delivery time. Usually USPS tracking ends once the package reaches your country. Our second shipping option is using DHL. This is considered a premium option and is very fast. Customer service with DHL is the best in the shipping business. Typically DHL only takes 2-3 days to delivery to most locations throughout the world. DHL international shipping always comes with tracking. While this is a more expensive option it is much better than USPS.
Shipment Handling Time
We require 1 full business day to ship. Additionally, some products come with a longer lead times to ship (see product descriptions). Orders received on Friday may be shipped out the following Monday morning.
You can return any item you buy from us for a refund. The item must be completely unopened, brand new, unused, and not damaged. We will wait to receive the product into our stock before issuing a refund. We will also make an assessment of the item, once received. If it is damaged in any way we will not issue a refund and send the item back to you. You have two weeks (from the date order placed) to return any item for a full refund. After the two week grace period we apply a 25% restocking fee.
If you believe an item you have purchased is defective our policy is a follows:
Email us first with your issue. We will instruct you as to whether the item needs to be returned to us. Our email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Assuming we instruct you to return the item to us please ship it to the address below.
Once we receive the item our team will access it.
If we determine the item is indeed defective we will give you a full refund for the price of the item, or replace it.
If we determine there is nothing wrong with the item we will ship it back to you at your cost (you pay for the return shipping).
We DO NOT replace broken frame parts, electronics, or accessories you have crashes into the ground, a tree, a fence, a human, or anything else for that matter.