Rotorgeeks SSD F3 flight control board
From Rotorgeeks: The Rotorgeeks SSD is an F3 based flight controller with best-in-class components, an intelligent layout and a great price. While most flight controllers are derived from the old Naze 32 architecture, the SSD was designed from the ground up using the larger 64...
The Rotorgeeks SSD is an F3 based flight controller with best-in-class components, an intelligent layout and a great price. While most flight controllers are derived from the old Naze 32 architecture, the SSD was designed from the ground up using the larger 64 pin package allowing 5 serial ports and other flexibility. This fresh pinout architecture also means DSHOT ESC protocol is supported without sacrificing any features, using supplemental code to remap resources, pin swapping or jumpers.
The must haves
- Invensense MPU 6000 IMU connected through SPI for maximum read speeds
- Direct battery connection up to 6S with reverse polarity protection
- Side mounted Blackbox MicroSD card slot connected via SPI for maximum write speeds and easy transfer (by removing card)
- A layout that makes sense and keeps a build tight even when using headers pins and connectors
- High current 5V supply – ability to power the control board, receiver, addressable LEDs, 5V vtx etc. Can deliver steady 1.5A @ 6S input (more at lower battery power)
- All solder points are through-hole and spaced away from critical surface mount components
- NO fragile micro pitch connectors
- DSHOT supported – no jumpers, remapping etc.
- Low profile onboard IR leds to interface with IR based lap timing systems – one on each side covers any gate setup (code tbd)
- Receiver / satellite function with USB power – no need for main battery to do binding and setup (safer too!)
- Huge 5V supply to provide power for receiver, addressable LEDs, and other devices including high consumption 5V video transmitters (actual voltage is 5.06V)
- Full telemetry support including SmartPort
- One common input for serial Rx and PPM receivers
- Direct satellite support for Spektrum users including 3.3V supply and binding functionality. No need to pre-bind with a receiver anymore.
- 6 PWM outputs so you can run a hexacopter, gimbal or other PWM controlled devices like switches etc.
- BLHeli passthrough supported
- Single sided design – just the sd slot on the bottom, low profile, easy to work with and reliable
- Switched ground buzzer pin lets you connect to battery for extra loud beeping
- USB VCP – firmware flashing without using bootloader pins
- Voltage monitoring (and current with external sensor)
Another F3 now, really?
Yup, and here’s why. F3 is actually newer than F4 and has some functionality that helps a few things work (internal inversion, BLHeli passthru etc.) Betaflight code continues to be optimized and runs 8/8 and DSHOT. The performance of the F3 is more than up to the task. As far as adding yet another board into the market, we’ve used just about everything out there and there’s always some tradeoff or small annoyance in the layout, design or functionality. This is our take on what we’ve always wanted in a board. Layout, functionality, smart design and of course, performance. We’ve been playing with little extras and SBECs for quite a while but the core design that makes up the controller has been flight tested for over 8 months prior to production. It’s a performer.
Wheres my PDB / OSD / Current sensor?
Most of the OSDs are based on the very fussy MAX/AB7456 chips. Given the complications and failure rates on these setups, we felt that combining all this functionality in one board makes for less reliable gear with higher cost and likelihood of replacement. Many frames are coming with integrated power distribution making that functionality redundant in many cases. There are also some great products in the market that handle this already, like the RROSD.
36x36mm board, 30.5 mounting holes
Manual available here
RCGroups thread here
Note: All shipping prices listed on our site are for shipping and handling costs associated with shipping your order.
Domestic Shipping within the USA
By default we ship via USPS (United States Postal Service) to anywhere in the United States. But, if you are interested in a faster option such as DHL email us at email@example.com and we can give you instructions on how to get expedited shipping. If you want expedited shipping be sure to email us prior to checking out with your order. We will arrange a shipping quote for you and then give you instructions on how to include this shipping option at checkout. Our USPS shipping option usually takes 2 to 4 days to reach anywhere in the USA. By default this shipping option will NOT require a signature. If you want us to specify signature required please let us know prior to placing your order.
USPS shipping includes $50 insurance by default. If you require more please let us know prior to placing your order. PLEASE NOTE: We will not be held liable in the event your package or package contents are lost, damaged, or stolen during shipping. When your package leaves our shop and is placed in the hands of the shipping service it is out of our hands. We have no control of what happens to your package after it leaves our doors. Shipping insurance it available to protect you in the event something happens to your package during delivery. We will not reimburse you for lost, damaged, or stolen items. That is what shipping insurance is for. If you would like to add shipping insurance to cover the value of your purchase email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
We can ship to almost anywhere in the world! Available international shipping options are using United States Postal Service (USPS) or DHL. USPS shipping will be per the flat rate option. This is $28 and can take 6-10 days to reach your country. From here your country postal service will deliver your package and can add additional delivery time. Usually USPS tracking ends once the package reaches your country. Our second shipping option is using DHL. This is considered a premium option and is very fast. Customer service with DHL is the best in the shipping business. Typically DHL only takes 2-3 days to delivery to most locations throughout the world. DHL international shipping always comes with tracking. While this is a more expensive option it is much better than USPS.
Shipment Handling Time
We require 1 full business day to ship. Additionally, some products come with a longer lead times to ship (see product descriptions). Orders received on Friday may be shipped out the following Monday morning.
You can return any item you buy from us for a refund. The item must be completely unopened, brand new, unused, and not damaged. We will wait to receive the product into our stock before issuing a refund. We will also make an assessment of the item, once received. If it is damaged in any way we will not issue a refund and send the item back to you. You have two weeks (from the date order placed) to return any item for a full refund. After the two week grace period we apply a 25% restocking fee.
If you believe an item you have purchased is defective our policy is a follows:
Email us first with your issue. We will instruct you as to whether the item needs to be returned to us. Our email is email@example.com. Assuming we instruct you to return the item to us please ship it to the address below.
Once we receive the item our team will access it.
If we determine the item is indeed defective we will give you a full refund for the price of the item, or replace it.
If we determine there is nothing wrong with the item we will ship it back to you at your cost (you pay for the return shipping).
We DO NOT replace broken frame parts, electronics, or accessories you have crashes into the ground, a tree, a fence, a human, or anything else for that matter.