Smooth Operator Prototype - Freestyle Frame
NOTICE 6-14-18: This frame is currently under development with an ETA to ship around 4 weeks from now. After designing some of the most innovative racing frames the FPV market has even seen we are now set on a course for freestyle nirvana. The Smooth Operator...
NOTICE 6-14-18: This frame is currently under development with an ETA to ship around 4 weeks from now.
After designing some of the most innovative racing frames the FPV market has even seen we are now set on a course for freestyle nirvana. The Smooth Operator is the culmination of years of experience in the world of FPV frame design. Why is this bird better than anything else on the market currently? Its simple. Many aspects of this design were inspired by YOU. The pilots. We took a completely different path with the entire design process and asked the people who fly freestyle what they want to see in a frame. We produced detailed design review videos and posted them on Youtube. These videos covered Smooth Operator frame revisions 4, rev 5, and rev 6. Every single pilot comment was reviewed and seriously considered for implementation into the final design, along with our own internal team pilot input of course. We decided to do a small prototype batch using rev 6 parts. The parts are all in house now and our team pilots are busy flight testing and crashing this bird. Stay tuned for more developments in this pilot inspired freestyle quad frame. When will it ship? We don't know just yet but estimates are currently hovering around 4 weeks from now. So smooooooooooth.
Specs and Features:
- 120 grams (with 3D plastic parts and fasteners, no gopro mount)
- Carbon fiber: Twill Weave 3K Matte
- HD camera mount material: TPU (multiple colors available - sold separate)
- Standard CF Arm Thickness: 5mm thick x 10mm wide
- Top CF sandwich plates: 2mm
- Bottom CF sandwich plate: 3mm
- Frame type: H (with staggered arms front to rear)
- Frame size: 225mm
- FPV camera angle range: 0 - 75 degrees
- Motors supported: 22xx, 23xx, 24xx or similar
- Lipos supported: 3s, 4s, 5s, 6s
- Lipo mounting position: Top
- Prop size: 5 inch
- Fastener material: Aircraft Grade 7075 and steel
- Fastener color: Black
- Ideal ESC: 4-in-1 design with 30.5mm x 30.5mm M3 mounting holes
- Ideal FC: 30.5mm x 30.5mm M3 mounting holes (micro FC can be used with THIS adapter)
- Motor pad mounting holes: M3 screws on 16mm or 12mm mounting circles
- Supported FPV Cameras: ANY micro camera with 19mm x 19mm form factor, no seriously any of them will fit.
- HD camera mount options: Session or Standard Gopro
- HD camera mount angle range: 20 - 50 degrees
- Electronic component access: Lower cover plate can be removed
- Electronic component access: Top plate is split to allow access to FC, VTX, FPV antenna, etc
- Slammed deck (13mm tall)
- ESC center mounted with FC behind it (YES the FC can be mounted there)
- Two screw arm removal. Remove arms be loosening one screw and removing the other
- Industry leading camera protection (FPV and HD)
- Provisions for nearly any FPV antenna on the market
- Provisions for crossfire gear - coming soon
- Large lipos fit with ease (pics shown with 6s 1300mah)
Note: All shipping prices listed on our site are for shipping and handling costs associated with shipping your order.
Domestic Shipping within the USA
By default we ship via USPS (United States Postal Service) to anywhere in the United States. But, if you are interested in a faster option such as DHL email us at email@example.com and we can give you instructions on how to get expedited shipping. If you want expedited shipping be sure to email us prior to checking out with your order. We will arrange a shipping quote for you and then give you instructions on how to include this shipping option at checkout. Our USPS shipping option usually takes 2 to 4 days to reach anywhere in the USA. By default this shipping option will NOT require a signature. If you want us to specify signature required please let us know prior to placing your order.
USPS shipping includes $50 insurance by default. If you require more please let us know prior to placing your order. PLEASE NOTE: We will not be held liable in the event your package or package contents are lost, damaged, or stolen during shipping. When your package leaves our shop and is placed in the hands of the shipping service it is out of our hands. We have no control of what happens to your package after it leaves our doors. Shipping insurance it available to protect you in the event something happens to your package during delivery. We will not reimburse you for lost, damaged, or stolen items. That is what shipping insurance is for. If you would like to add shipping insurance to cover the value of your purchase email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
We can ship to almost anywhere in the world! Available international shipping options are using United States Postal Service (USPS) or DHL. USPS shipping will be per the flat rate option. This is $28 and can take 6-10 days to reach your country. From here your country postal service will deliver your package and can add additional delivery time. Usually USPS tracking ends once the package reaches your country. Our second shipping option is using DHL. This is considered a premium option and is very fast. Customer service with DHL is the best in the shipping business. Typically DHL only takes 2-3 days to delivery to most locations throughout the world. DHL international shipping always comes with tracking. While this is a more expensive option it is much better than USPS.
Shipment Handling Time
We require 1 full business day to ship. Additionally, some products come with a longer lead times to ship (see product descriptions). Orders received on Friday may be shipped out the following Monday morning.
You can return any item you buy from us for a refund. The item must be completely unopened, brand new, unused, and not damaged. We will wait to receive the product into our stock before issuing a refund. We will also make an assessment of the item, once received. If it is damaged in any way we will not issue a refund and send the item back to you. You have two weeks (from the date order placed) to return any item for a full refund. After the two week grace period we apply a 25% restocking fee.
If you believe an item you have purchased is defective our policy is a follows:
Email us first with your issue. We will instruct you as to whether the item needs to be returned to us. Our email is email@example.com. Assuming we instruct you to return the item to us please ship it to the address below.
Once we receive the item our team will access it.
If we determine the item is indeed defective we will give you a full refund for the price of the item, or replace it.
If we determine there is nothing wrong with the item we will ship it back to you at your cost (you pay for the return shipping).
We DO NOT replace broken frame parts, electronics, or accessories you have crashes into the ground, a tree, a fence, a human, or anything else for that matter.