UPDATE 9-11-19: This frame is on pre-order status. ETA to begin shipping is 4 weeks from now. To be included on the first batch order soon. We will be opening the BangGOD 6" and BangGOD 7" LR for preorder later this week. Shipping ETA on those will be the same as the 5". Please be aware the pictures below are of the prototype frame. We are adding spares parts and accessories product pages as time permits.
The BangGOD is a tribute to all those designers who invest their time, money, and brain power into coming up with new and innovative machines for the FPV industry. Sadly this intellectual property is cloned by folks looking to make a quick buck. Our own Catalyst designs have been stolen multiple times and the perpetrators don't even have the decency to change the name of the cloned frame! If you are a consumer of FPV gear please keep in mind the reason you have such an amazing assortment of gadgets to choose from is simple. Customer support! When you spend your dollars with the originators of great gear you are literally fueling further development. If you support a clone to save a few bucks you might as well be shooting yourself in the foot. Those businesses who innovate will eventually die off and you will be left with a bunch of crap to fly. Please give the innovators in our industry your support and help grow FPV.
Now it is time for the good stuff. Lets discuss the tech behind the BangGOD. First some background into why we created this miracle of FPV freestyle and long range. After releasing the Smooth Operator back in the summer of 2018 our engineering department immediately started gathering pilot feedback. That informational repository has grown over the past year and we have gathered enough valuable pilot inspired info to bring our solutions to the market. The BangGOD is a continuation of the fundamental design aspects of the Smooth Operator with a number of improvements and new features built in. So what changed from the Smooth Operator?
- Lower price. $79.99 for the BangGOD 5" compared to $99.99 for the Smooth Operator 5".
- Much more room for components. 22mm of space, top-to-bottom compared to 13mm in the Smooth Operator. Two full sized stacks can be mounted in the BangGOD.
- Field maintenance has been made easier. The top plate can be removed easily providing access to all components on the interior of the frame.
- The BangGOD accepts the DJI FPV system with ease. The Smooth Operator does not.
- Any camera existing on the market can fit this frame. Full sized, mini, or micro. The Smooth Operator only accepts micro cameras.
- More available space to fit longer lipos compared to the Smooth Operator. Top deck length is 95mm.
- More room between the lipo and the rear props compared to the Smooth Operator.
- The BangGOD employs a slick HD camera angle adjustment system. There are slots which allow the camera to be adjusted to any angle from 20 to 50 degrees. Two angle bars make this happen. One allows for 20 - 35 degrees adjustment. The other for 35 - 50 degrees adjustment. HD camera mount parts are sold separately.
- The BangGOD can be setup with the rear arms in a standard low position (same level as the front arms) or staggered with the rear arms offset 17mm higher than the front arms.
- Carbon components have been beefed up compared to the Smooth Operator providing a more crash tough structure.
Specs and Features:
- Approx 142 grams (standard steel hardware)
- Approx 132 grams (optional aluminum hardware - sold separate)
- Extremely resistant to crash damage
- No props in view with GoPro superview on @ 20-50 degree HD camera tilt
- No props in view from the DJI or FPV camera
- Carbon fiber: Twill Weave 3K Matte
- Standoff color: Matte black
- HD camera mount material: TPU (multiple colors available - sold separate)
- Standard CF Arm Thickness: 5mm thick x 10mm wide
- Top CF sandwich plates: 2mm
- Bottom CF sandwich plate: 3mm
- Front brace: 5mm
- Optional rear brace (sold separate): 4mm
- Frame type: H quad
- Frame size: 234mm
- FPV camera angle range: 0 - 75 degrees
- Motors supported: 22xx, 23xx, 24xx or similar
- Lipos supported: 3s, 4s, 5s, 6s
- Lipo mounting position: Top
- Prop size: 5.1 inch (max)
- Ideal ESC: 4-in-1 design with 30.5mm x 30.5mm M3 mounting holes
- Ideal FC: 30.5mm x 30.5mm M3 mounting holes
- Micro FC: Can be mounted on this frame
- Motor pad mounting holes: M3 screws on 16mm or 19mm mounting circles
- Supports Full Sized FPV Cameras: No adapter needed
- Supports "Mini" FPV Cameras: Adapter needed (sold separate)
- Supports "Micro" FPV Cameras: Adapter needed (sold separate)
- HD camera mount options: Session or Standard Gopro
- HD camera mount angle range: 20 - 50 degrees
- No props in view with superview on @ 30 degree HD camera tilt.
- Moderately Slammed deck (22mm tall)
- Two screw arm removal. Remove arms be loosening one screw and removing the other
- No arm "slop"
- Industry leading camera protection (FPV and HD)
- Provisions for nearly any FPV antenna on the market
- Provisions for any FPV camera on the market
- Provisions for crossfire gear
- Large lipos fit with ease
- Plenty of room between prop tips to lipo sides
Bill of Material (coming soon...)
Assembly Manual (coming soon...)
Note: All shipping prices listed on our site are for shipping and handling costs associated with shipping your order.
Domestic Shipping within the USA
By default we ship via USPS (United States Postal Service) to anywhere in the United States. But, if you are interested in a faster option such as DHL email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can give you instructions on how to get expedited shipping. If you want expedited shipping be sure to email us prior to checking out with your order. We will arrange a shipping quote for you and then give you instructions on how to include this shipping option at checkout. Our USPS shipping option usually takes 2 to 4 days to reach anywhere in the USA. By default this shipping option will NOT require a signature. If you want us to specify signature required please let us know prior to placing your order.
USPS shipping includes $50 insurance by default. If you require more please let us know prior to placing your order. PLEASE NOTE: We will not be held liable in the event your package or package contents are lost, damaged, or stolen during shipping. When your package leaves our shop and is placed in the hands of the shipping service it is out of our hands. We have no control of what happens to your package after it leaves our doors. Shipping insurance it available to protect you in the event something happens to your package during delivery. We will not reimburse you for lost, damaged, or stolen items. That is what shipping insurance is for. If you would like to add shipping insurance to cover the value of your purchase email us at email@example.com for more info.
We can ship to almost anywhere in the world! Available international shipping options are using United States Postal Service (USPS) or DHL. USPS shipping will be per the flat rate option. This is $28 and can take 6-10 days to reach your country. From here your country postal service will deliver your package and can add additional delivery time. Usually USPS tracking ends once the package reaches your country. Our second shipping option is using DHL. This is considered a premium option and is very fast. Customer service with DHL is the best in the shipping business. Typically DHL only takes 2-3 days to delivery to most locations throughout the world. DHL international shipping always comes with tracking. While this is a more expensive option it is much better than USPS.
Shipment Handling Time
We require 1 full business day to ship. Additionally, some products come with a longer lead times to ship (see product descriptions). Orders received on Friday may be shipped out the following Monday morning.
You can return any item you buy from us for a refund. The item must be completely unopened, brand new, unused, and not damaged. We will wait to receive the product into our stock before issuing a refund. We will also make an assessment of the item, once received. If it is damaged in any way we will not issue a refund and send the item back to you. You have two weeks (from the date order placed) to return any item for a full refund. After the two week grace period we apply a 25% restocking fee.
If you believe an item you have purchased is defective our policy is a follows:
Email us first with your issue. We will instruct you as to whether the item needs to be returned to us. Our email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Assuming we instruct you to return the item to us please ship it to the address below.
Once we receive the item our team will access it.
If we determine the item is indeed defective we will give you a full refund for the price of the item, or replace it.
If we determine there is nothing wrong with the item we will ship it back to you at your cost (you pay for the return shipping).
We DO NOT replace broken frame parts, electronics, or accessories you have crashes into the ground, a tree, a fence, a human, or anything else for that matter.